• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

share folder with permissions...

G

GeeZuZz

Can someone please explain to me how i can share a folder so that only one user can access it?

i hate win nt folder sharing........

why make it so hard? Win 98 was perfect...

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Go into Folder Options and uncheck "Use Simple File Sharing". Create accounts for remote users on the local computer and set permissions based on the user. Enter the username from the XP box into the USername and password box of Win98's Network logon screen. Then that user can access the remote share and others can't.

JJB6486
Networking Forum Moderator

G

GeeZuZz

the other computer is running XP too..

if the user account on the other computer is "theuser"
do i have to make a user on my computer too called "theuser", and then let that user access the share? last time i tried that it didn't work...

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Yes, both machines have to be logged in using the same account (Name & Pass), and the same account must be programmed into both machines.

JJB6486
Networking Forum Moderator

A

alan266e

How do i create a remote user?

my scenario is this: Computer A and B.

i've a folder named mp3 on Computer A. However i only want one defined user to access the folder mp3 on computer A from computer B.

What should i do so that the defined user can access to the mp3 folder from computer B?

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog