Shaking monitor?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Help! My monitor which is hooked up to my laptop (because my laptop monitor isn't working) is shaking. Like not the actual thing but the picture is. What could be causing this?

Bad connection
Moire control (can be found via on-screen display.. if you have one)
try changing the Refresh rate
try changing the Resolution

I have had a case where a program was making the picture shake on the computer i use at school. after they re-imaged it, the shaking/flickering went away.
It could be the same case you have

Could be either one of the following :

Bad refresh rate

Bad resolution ( too high, too low; unsupported )

Bad connection.

Shaking caused by lack of voltage. If you're using an AC adapter, and pluggin it in somewhere, check there aren't too many devices connected. Make sure to check this one, it's happened to self and a few people I know before.

Do you have any other devices: lamps (esp flourescent), transformers (wall warts), or motors (like in larger fans) near the monitor? The inductive nature of these devices will cause the symptoms you describe.

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Do you have any other devices: lamps (esp flourescent), transformers (wall warts), or motors (like in larger fans) near the monitor? The inductive nature of these devices will cause the symptoms you describe.

I was gonna suggest those things too because i have a TV to the left of my main monitor and my second monitor on the other side of my main monitor (its very cozzy :p) When i turn either my TV or my second monitor, my main monitor faintly flickers and shakes slightly

Thought you might like to know :D

Sincerly Alex:cool:

It could be a virus as well. There was a virus that went around a few years ago called "stoned". It would make your monitor shake and then the screen would go black and say "you've been stoned".

Subwoofers and other speakers should be kept away from the screen for instance.

It could also be the screen going bad I guess. My brothers screen started twitching a few days ago. Time for scrap on that one. Probably dying high voltage regulator.

aye, my mate had a wobbly monitor too - it died a few weeks later

when I asked him what caused the wobbliness - he said "i dont know - i set the Hz to 85 like I do on my PC... but I changed nothing else"

wobbly monitor = 14" ~6y/o cheap effort (running 800x600)
his own monitor = 17" adi (running 1024x768)

might be worth checking the refresh rate

Its very weird because its hooked up to my laptop (dlieb) and for some reason I have 3 monitors. When I change the refesh it doesn't change anything. Oh well, in a week I am getting a new laptop and formatting that one. Thanks!

-lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back