SFC /SCANNOW Problem

DeeBeeS

OSNN Addict
I run Windows XP SP2 Home addition. I want to run sfc /scannow and it asks me to insert my installation disk and gives the command to insert the XP Professional SP2 Disk. I have only got the disk that came with the computer however I have obtained the SP2 disk from Microsoft and I have also done a slipstream disk which has worked perfectly when doing a reformat.

When I insert either of these disk's I get the message that it is the wrong disk. When I have XP Home installed why does it ask for the XP Pro disk. I just cannot get this scan to work. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Dave

Have you added any drives since your install? I know it likes to ask when the cdrom letter doesnt match what was used on install.

If you have TweakUI installed look under My Computer>Special Folders and select Installation Path, make sure it matches your cdrom's drive letter (ex. mine is G:\).

If you don't have TweakUI then you need to look in the registry. It's under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

Look at SourcePath and possibly ServicePackSourcePath (mine are set to the same).

If either method needs to be changed you have to reboot after.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back