Sex Dialer

P

paulipops

A sex dialer has appeared on my systray it knock off my current connection,then tries to dial up some dodgy sex site.
I have knocked ot off,used msconfig to remove it from startup and deleted from the registry but it still keeps coming back.
Emabrrassing when the kids or a gues is using my PC
How can I get rid of it????

Nasty i bet ...

Have you checked in add/remove programs ?

It may be running a s a program, they are usually damn hard to get rid of, watch your Phone bills also ......

Go into Temp files and delete all....

Use regedit to get the to the registry instead of regedt32. Search for program starting from the top. Delete every reference. Do the same out of Windows Explorer.

Another possible cause, although I have never seen it before, could be that you have a piece of software that it was bundled with that keeps installing it everytime it is ran or installed.

How old are your kids, and are any of them boys?

:D

you dirty man............................ ;)

to prevent it the best thing you can do is go to sites where you aren't surpised by this kind of dialers, there are plenty of them....

what you can do if the above solutions don't seem to work is to go to the taskbar, properties, and then customize, you can make the icon invisible!

bigshadow: except this thing is trying to dial out, and most likely calling VERY long-distance or expensive numbers. Not something one should just ignore.

Searching for the exe's name in regedit should pull up all occurrences, as noted above, and that should take care of you.
/Lactic

sorry acid, the solution i gave was only to make it disappear so that his kids or guests weren't bothered by it....

ah...truedat. But if he's got no modem, or it prompts to dial, it'll still pop up. Shit like this pisses me off in about 2 seconds when I find it on my computers...
/Lactic

it makes us all angry.............

and the final tip then for the sexdialer....switch to cable!!

hmm
the original poster hasnt replied to any of your replies
does this mean the kids found out and have grounded their dad?
:p

Still Not Gone

Sorry Guys and Gals tried all your solutions and it still keeps coming back.
Starting to get really pi##ed off.
It is embedded somewhere but cant seem to get to the root of it.
Now appears about 3 to 4 times per day.
If it continues its a reformat.

are you using a firewall like Zone Alarm?

With Zone Alarm you can stop it from dialing out, AND........
you can identify where it is on your system.

Try using Ad-ware with the newest file signatures...it might get rid of it
You can get it from here
Good Luck! :)

I have exactly the same problem. It's a German webdialer and comes up with icons called 2-5-46-112.exe and webdialer reg.2-5-46-112.

Not only that but it pops up windows trying to download itself again and again and won't let you not download it. Occasionally I get a window saying RAS not Installed.

The fact that it is trying to dial out doesn't cause me a problem as I'm on broadband so I have no modem but what does annoy me is that I've got Norton Antivirus Running, ZoneAlarm Running, I've searched the registry and deleted every instance of the above numbers and also the word 'webdialer', I've run Ad-aware, Regcleaner, APK Registry.... and a Trojan killer. Does this stop it? NO

This is severly pissing me off. I think it appeared after installing some Winamp visual effect plugins but can't be sure.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sarge

Have you looked in your Network Connections to see that there isn't a dial-up connection configured? Alot of these dialers will create a dial-up Networking connection that automatically configures the phone numbers and such to dial.

My friend had the same problem and Mcafee Antivirus found it as a virus and fixed it up...

yes look in network connections

By the time I read all the posts and got to this one I was thinking the same I also got nailed by that little bugger found it in my network connection folder GRRRRRRRRRR mine was a trick file was spose to be a game file from kazza was that stupid dial up crap after I removed it in the network connections folder it was gone good luck!!;)

It's funny how the only post with "sex" in the title has more views and responses in less than 2 days than posts that have been up for weeks ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back