Severe problem with Windows 2000 SERVER

V

vkostas

Hallo, i'm just new to this forum, and there is so much information here!!!!!!!! Nice place......!!!!!!

Well i have a big problem with Windows 2000 SERVER, and i can't find a way to resolve it. Hope you can help me.

It goes like this, i have a 2000 Server installation with raid disks
i changed and the two of them(wanted bigger capacity) and after that when windows rebooted, i press ctrl+alt+del and enter
and with my surprise windows got me back to ctrl+alt+del screen!!!!!!!! saying that there is no paging file!

So i can't go inside windows anymore....!!!!

The only solution that works is to make an update installation to the OS.

Hope you can Halp me....!!!!

You can try to get in Safe mode... when Windows 2000 Server is starting and the little white bar is moving across the screen you can press F8. It will even prompt you if you pay attention. Go into safe mode and see what you can do. Good Luck!

You can try to get in Safe mode... when Windows 2000 Server is starting and the little white bar is moving across the screen you can press F8. It will even prompt you if you pay attention. Go into safe mode and see what you can do. Good Luck!

Here's what it looks like:
Starting Windows 2000...​
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
For advanced and troubleshooting startup options, press F8

I know guys how to enter safe mode etc...

But i always get the same behavior as i start windows normally.
They don't let me go inside to set the page file again.

The only way to work around this problem is to start windows setup from the cd again and i choose to repair (update windows).
Is there any other way to fix it without making an installation again?
Thanks.!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back