SevenVG: Download Windows 7 PDC Theme for Windows XP

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
SevenVG RTM Theme for Windows XP:

"SevenVG" theme is the First and Best Windows 7 look-like theme for Windows XP.

SevenVG_RTM_Theme_for_XP_by_Vishal_Gupta.png

Change Log:
  • New Taskbar buttons similar to Windows 7 RTM (with round corners, updated colors and glow effect)
  • New User Pic frame in Startmenu similar to Windows 7 RTM
  • Windows 7 default Userpic is shown in Startmenu if Welcome Screen is not enabled
  • A brand new Startmenu in Basic style similar to Windows 7 RTM (Thanks to XibaD)
  • MSN icon replaced with Windows 7 logo in Basic Startmenu
  • New Menubar matching with Windows 7 RTM
  • New Quick Launch graphics and buttons spacing updated to match with Windows 7 RTM
  • Quick Launch "Large Icons" issue fixed. Now Taskbar height remains same.
  • A brand new "Styler" toolbar included to match Windows 7 RTM
  • Titlebar buttons graphics and position updated
  • System Tray icons position updated to take less space
  • New "Hide Inactive Icons" resources
  • "Details" view graphics in Explorer updated to match Windows 7 RTM
  • Taskbar resources updated for proper view in Top, Bottom, Left and Right sides
  • New "All Programs" Menu Background matching with Windows 7 RTM
  • And lots of other small graphics updated
  • At last many bugs fixed as usual
You can download the theme using following link:

Download Link

Last edited:
..... find it funny how people are still designing visual themes for an OS that isn't even out yet.... to be used on an OS that's kinda past it's prime.

Would make more sense to see a theme like that for Vista..... which actually HAS that type of start menu button by default.... and also has Aero.

right. Windows 7 isn't out yet and xp is past its prime. Not rocket science :D

Thanks everyone. XP is not out yet and there are many people who are still using it. I created this theme after getting big demand for it. :)

..... find it funny how people are still designing visual themes for an OS that isn't even out yet.... to be used on an OS that's kinda past it's prime.

Would make more sense to see a theme like that for Vista..... which actually HAS that type of start menu button by default.... and also has Aero.
so long ms is still using the nt technology, nt file system with the same nt memory constraints there are good reasons to use the more functional designs on an older and stable os, xp, and if vishal's theme gives more functionality as well as the modernized look, those reasons combined with the fact that vista and windows 7 cost money a user isn't willing to spend since their os is fine for their needs

first release os' from ms don't have a real good reputation for stability

I agree though, I hope vishal does the same for a vista makeover too

this is great stuff vishal

Last edited:
people will be using xp for years to come, just like they do with nt4 now ;)

I would like to see this for vista as well. Also, Vista SP2 is supposed to be out next month ;)

2k? who themes win2k? :O

I used to theme win2k. Some of those classic ones looked pretty good ...

windows 2000 was a server os! :p

no it wasnt, xp is built on win2k pro you think xp is server os?

windows 2000 server - advanced server - datacenter - were all servers, win2k pro was the desktop version

windows 2000 wasnt for "home use"

thats the spot windows ME was supposed to fill

neither was xp pro but loads of people used that at home, win2k worked fine for me and i had no issue with games, and win me was just total *******s anyway :p

Yep, Windows MEwas crap with a capital C :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back