Setup Question

jrcairo

OSNN Addict
Hi Everybody,
Here's the deal:
I have a CDRW, DVD, A Hard Drive (WD 80GIG 8mb) and a Zip Drive (internal), my motherboard is a SOYO P4 Ultra Platinum, I've heard that I should not put the Zip on the same IDE of the HD, the motherboard comes with two RAID (wich I dont know what it is :D ) can someone please tell me what setup should I do??!!??
:(
Thanks and Great Night
jrcairo

Here is some reading on RAID to help you with understanding it.

I would put the HDD (master) and the CD-RW (slave) on IDE 0. The Zip (master) and the DVD (slave) on IDE 1.......

This is the way I would start......

:happy:

You could use your Ide 3 and 4 (RAID) for normal use. That way you could run your 4 devices all as masters if you wanted.

Since the RAID connectors only take HDDs and you don't want the HDD on the same cable as any of the others (performance reasons) I suggest this setup:

IDE1:
Master: DVD
Slave: ZIP

IDE2:
Master: CD-RW

IDE3:
Master HDD

You may need the RAID controller drivers for XP properly installed and the BIOS set to boot from the RAID controller.

much like zedric:

(IDE1) Master: DVD-ROM

(IDE2) Master: CD-RW
(IDE2) Slave: ZIP

(IDE3) Master: Harddrive

To boot your hdd form Ide 3 you need to have it set as your bootable drive in your raid config and bios must be set to scsi as first boot device.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back