setting WRT54G access restriction problem

AnimeminA

OSNN Newbie
im having some problem blocking access to certain website on mah router and
i know i enter teh right ip and mac address which i took from the ipconfig /all dos command =/

i just have no idea what im doing wrong since i have no idea about networkign stuff.

Company: Linksys
Model: WRT54G
MAC 1: 00:80:C8:E3:08:97
IP 1: 192.168.1.100
MAC 2: 00:11:11:77:8A:79
IP 2: 192.168.1.101

i know they are mask ip, does it matter?

also, is there anyway to control the bandwidth flow on mah network?

blocking certain websites? have you tried entering the url in the access restriction box? from what i can see on mine, its got 4 boxes. not sure if it allows more than 4 urls to be entered though coz havent tried.

mooo said:
what is mah?
its basically means my

ming said:
blocking certain websites? have you tried entering the url in the access restriction box? from what i can see on mine, its got 4 boxes. not sure if it allows more than 4 urls to be entered though coz havent tried.
Yea, im trying to blcok certain webpage, but no matter what, its accessible. u can access by entering the link in the location bar or clicking the link from the search engine results and both work perfectly and acceeesible. it just dones't seem to block it out, so im totally at a lost =/

whoa - welcome to OSNN AnnmeminA :) :cool:

I have the same souter as yourself - so if you like I will try blocking a few sites and we could compare notes - but before I do, how abotu a screenie to show what you are doing and is not working?

dreamliner77 said:
could just add it to a good hosts file and put that on each puter
I wouldn't want the hassle of doing that myself. lol.

Just trried it myseld... can't block url's.. that page is mainly for specific MAC addresses/IPs only as far as I understand. click the 'more' link on top right for details.

hi guys,
i have had the same problem:
Some Websites were blocked without having changed anything in the router configuration.

Fortunately, i have read something about a better firmware some days ago.
So i researched the website with google and than i have read through the forums on
http://www.hyperdrive.be/hyperwrt/

After downloading the new bin-File from the website above, i have had no problems with upgrading the firmware.

Year, and now it's working really fine.

Upgrade your firmware! The webconfiguration has not changeddramtically. But i have now a better wireless connection and some morefunction.

Great software -> upgrade now! :)

Just some advice, you might want to edit the original post and get rid of those mac addresses.

Just noticed this is from freakin' December... what's with bringing back all these dead posts? Ahwell, still might want to delete those mac addresses.

I have a feeling Anime has not been back to forum - or maybe RMA'd those MACs?!

Myself just trying to use WRT54G which worked fine for wifi chained off my old router modem but is not playng ball to route a dial up from laptop to desktop now..... going to try firmware upgrade but not thinking this is it (however will post back if I surprise myself!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back