Setting up outlook

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hi, I need help.
First of all i just got a website with email addresses.
Is this a pop3, imap, or http?
Also when its decided which it is, in outlook it asks for the incoming mail server and for pop3 the outgoing.
Please help
-Jack

Since, you cant really see what the info is, examples would be fine.
The website it:

www.sanitysdemise.com

the mail url for the site is:

http://webmail.registeredsite.com/agent/mobmain?mobmain=1

Thanks a lot

That's not really an easy question to answer. More than likely the ISP will have it's mail server name information available. It could be anything similar to pop.isp.com and smtp.isp.com to pop.yourdomain.com and smtp.yourdomain.com

What that means is sometimes you get your own mail servers with your domain, sometimes you have to use the host email servers.

It would more than likely be POP3, not IMAP. If they are both available, use POP3 because IMAP stinks.

Check the F.A.Q.'s at the site that hosts your services, I'm sure it's there.

Look at your web host's documentation. If they are good, they'll have a guide to setup your mail account with Outlook.

They didnt
I decided to switch to a different one anyways,
Lost 10 bucks, but whatever

now i get:
  • 3 domain names
  • 100 GB web space
  • 2,000 e-mail accounts
  • 1,000 GB traffic
AND they made it easy and told me what i need for outlook :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back