Setting up KT& Raid in Raid 0

T

TomServo

Ok, has anyone set up a KT7 Raid board and installed their OS (XP) to a striped set on said board? Here's what we have..

Abit KT7 Raid MB (tried numerous Bios's including latest)
6g Maxtor dma33 HD (Master on IDE3)
6g Seagate dma33 HD (Master on IDE4)
other drives & peripherals all disconnected 'cept for CD rom on IDE 0 (needed to install OS)

Here's the process:

1. Go into CTRL- H setup on raid controller BIOS and Create new Raid.

2. Set Raid type to Zero
3. Select Drives and drive types (to configure for DMA 33 on both)
4. Choose Boot Drive
5. Exit utility
6. Start WinXP setup from XP CD
7. Tell setup to install XP driver for High Point 370 device
8. Go through normal setup to selecting Drive to install to.
9. Choose 12g unformatted partition on HP37X mbr(AKA my Raid setup)
10. Select Fat (quick)as format.
11. PC Locks up at the 20% mark

I have tried all other Format types both NTFS and FAT in quick and non-quick mode. Non-quick mode goes to 100% on the format and then PC freezes.
Any ideas?

-Servo

Never mind

I finally got it to work. For some reason, one needs to put the drives in CS mode instead of setting each as master (or stand alone in the case of the Maxtor drive). Took a lot of experimenting and reading articels on line but no need to worry bout this now.

-Servo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back