Setting up internet with User Accounts

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
Please excuse me if this has been posted. This is my first time on your forum.. I'm running XP Pro. I'm trying to set up my ISP onto the user accounts on the same PC. I'm the administrator and I've utililzed the internet connection wizard without any luck. When I click on the ISP icon on my daughters account (after switching from my account to her's) a message opens up and says only the administator has access to setting up account. I'm confused and its driving me crazy? Can someone help me out.. Thanks:confused:

Only an administrator account can edit settings or create a new dialup connection. Limited accounts can only sign on, not change setting or create a new dial-up networking connection. Log on as an admin, create the account, and then use the limited account to dial it

JJB6486

Originally posted by JJB6486
Only an administrator account can edit settings or create a new dialup connection. Limited accounts can only sign on, not change setting or create a new dial-up networking connection. Log on as an admin, create the account, and then use the limited account to dial it

JJB6486

I am aware of this! That was my original question as the administrator of the accounts. HOW do I set up my ISP on the User Accounts? Thanks

What do you mean? I don't quite understand your question. Please elaborate.

Thanks

JJB6486

i think when u open your connection on admin account, there's option to let all users use that connection. try that.

JJB6486

When I turn on my PC, it shows the log on screen. I am the administrator so I type in my password and I'm on my desktop. I can start my ISP from MY desktop with no problem.

Now for the Problem...

When the PC is turned on and my daughter logs into her account she is unable to use the internet because I'm unable to set up the internet on her log on screen/account! I have ran internet connections in the control panel and I found nothing mafiafromrussia that gave me the option to allow user accounts (other people that use my pc) to have access to the internet connection. I hope I'm making myself clear. When my daughter tries to start the internet on her desktop after she logs into her account it tells her the account has to be set up again. If I try to make any adjustments on her account it won't let me, "saying only the administrator can make changes to the account". Thanks

ok i have tryed making dial up connection with my xp pro admin account. when u goto network connections. when i click on dialup icon i get an option to select who uses that connection. i'm gona try to add that image here.

mafiafromrussia

Thank you very much! Although the picture was a little small and blurry I get the "just" of it. I'll see what happens. Getting late here! I'll see what happens tomorrow. I appreciate it.. :)

I appreciate the help guys but I'm still stuck. Here I go again!

I'm using XP Pro and have been pulling my hair out trying to set up my ISP in the user accounts for a guest or my daughter. I've ran internet wizard and clicked on "let anyone use internet on this computer". So when I go into the guest account and go to click on the ISP icon it gives me a message " Your account is not set up on this computer yet. Please set up your account first. Click set up account." OK, ITS already SET up on the administrative account.. What am I missing here.

1. Do I need to set up the account again on the user account?
2. Why do I have to set up the internet wizard if I already have the ISP set up on the administrative account? I downloaded the software from their website?
3. help? I probably need a walk through. I apologize for my ignorance here! :confused:

"i think when u open your connection on admin account, there's option to let all users use that connection. try that."

I got it figured late last night mafiafromrussia. After I started up the ISP on my daughters (User Account) A box appeared that gave an option for myself as the administrator or my daughter to sign on. (you were right and it was right in front of my nose!) I clicked on my daughters account and UN-checked the box under her name. I also had to allow for her to be an administrator as well. It worked but I'm sure there is an easier way to do this. Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back