Setting screen resolution before starting a game

D

donkey

I was trying to play Civ 3 at a mates place. He only has a 15 inch monitor and the screen can't handle 1024x768. Only 800x600.

Anyway, I tried playing but the Civ 3's default resolution it seems is 1024x768. The screens all blurry, etc...

The question I have is there anyway to set Civ 3's resolution to 800x600 before playing. If not, how can I go about fixing this.

Thanks

Updating resolution

I'm working on a mates computer and he needs to have his resolution set at 1024 x 768. It's currently set at 800 x 600.

I just went to display settings and increased the resolution to 1024 x 768 but the screen just went all flickered and I could see anything.

How can I make it so that I can change this to 1024 x 768.

Here's some info

Name: SiS 630/730
Manufacturer: Sis
Chipset Type: 730 Rev 1
Dac Type: Internal
Approx Total Memory: 31.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit)(Optimal Refresh Rate)
Monitor: Default Monitor

Also, the main driver is sis630m.drv

Thanks

Actually, I just read the manual. It is a requirement of Civ 3 to play in 1024x768 resolution.

See if your friend can update his cards driver. Might give him more resolutions.

Have a look at your other thread in apps. That's the one I got to first. :D

You can put the line "KeepRes=1" in the Civilization3.ini file.(that tells the game to run Civ 3 at the same resolution as your windows desktop)... and then change your desktop resolution to 800-600 on restarting the game it should set @ 800-600.

Originally posted by BonyTony
You can put the line "KeepRes=1" in the Civilization3.ini file.(that tells the game to run Civ 3 at the same resolution as your windows desktop)... and then change your desktop resolution to 800-600 on restarting the game it should set @ 800-600.

I tried this. I tried "KeepRes=1" and "Keep Res=1" but both didn't work. Is it possible with this game since a requirement for the game is 1024 x 768.

You might want to check to see if your friends Monitor can support Higher Resolutions like 1024x768
Normally if windows can slide the bar up to it then the driver windows is using supports it.

For your updated drivers or new ones check out this site here
http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/download/driver/index-2.htm
Be sure to scroll down 1/4 of the way to VGA section under the 630\730 section then download your O/S's driver.

Thanks Indomidable. That's what I was looking for. I'll try it out and see if that works.

Installed the updated drivers but no go. It doesn't work.

Just guess the resolution wasn't supposed to be 1024 x 768 or Civ 3 just doesn't allow it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back