Set your master password in Firefox.

Very interesting.

It goes to show that you have to be aware of the risks when using browser technology.

Didn't even know Firefox had master password setting, thanks for this, I have a wired and wireless internet connexion.

Master password comes up when I launch FF - can't proceed without it.

Thank you very much for the heads up though.... That's hilarious. Bigger than most security holes I've seen in IE

Not inviting a flame, just stating FACT. :)

Yeah, I've noticed this before. Always wondered why they didn't make it mandatory to set the master password.

Yeah that's all well and good but there is a file

[edit]

:eek: Just because it could be baaaaaad :eek:

[/end edit] Oh what to do. :rolleyes:

I deleted it, was tempting though. :p

And no I am not telling where or what blah blah blah.

Last edited:
gonaads said:
Yeah that's all well and good but there is a file

[edit]

:eek: Just because it could be baaaaaad :eek:

[/end edit] Oh what to do. :rolleyes:

I deleted it, was tempting though. :p

And no I am not telling where or what blah blah blah.

LOL nice.... I'm gonna go hunting for FF installs here.... heheheheh. Shakes may stay later than usual tonight. hmmm... beer better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never tell people about this...:)

Mastershakes said:
Master password comes up when I launch FF - can't proceed without it.

Thank you very much for the heads up though.... That's hilarious. Bigger than most security holes I've seen in IE

Not inviting a flame, just stating FACT. :)

Remotely exploitable security holes are much more dangerous than something you need physical access to exploit. Is your computer bolted to your desk? No! Well someone could just up and throw it out the window. Even affects linux! OMG!

zeke_mo said:
I never tell people about this...:)

Yeah, that's kinda why I edited my post. And Mastershakes too. I trust myself but that's all. And I only trust myself to a degree. :D

The worse thing about all this is that some people are sooo damn lazy that they will save their login and pass for their online credit card sites their online banking, all kinds of stuff just so they don't have to go fumbling with their PDA or little book of logins and passwords.

gonaads said:
The worse thing about all this is that some people are sooo damn lazy that they will save their login and pass for their online credit card sites their online banking, all kinds of stuff just so they don't have to go fumbling with their PDA or little book of logins and passwords.

Exactly.. a home computr isnt that big of a deal.. bu a work computer.. hehe thatsd were this could be scary. And the power goes to us system Admins. lol

by default i didn't think with IE or FF saved passwords from secure sites...never have for me

also, if you set a master password, it promts you for it before it autofills any login forms...at least mine does

Last edited:
Khayman said:
by default i didn't think with IE or FF saved passwords from secure sites...never have for me

also, if you set a master password, it promts you for it before it autofills any login forms...at least mine does

Yeah but if you disect the file (what file? huh? where?) and copy/paste into your own it will list the site and the password in your saved passwords. And it even works if the computer you get the file from has a master password. Remember it only asks for your master when you go to a site that you have listed. When you disect this ummm, file you are only getting the sections that you ummm, want. So even if said computer has a master it doesn't matter. Really scarry shiit.

I noticed the saved username and password setting on firefox. That is how i caught my boyfriend looking at things he wasn't supposed to be looking at. hehe. anyway, you can turn it off and i do recommend it just in case if someone does try and get into your computer while you are away. easy access to any website you have registered to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back