services wont start

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i did a repair install on this one pc and now some services wont start, they are set to automatic and the are not turned off in the msconfigh thing. but they wont start.

for instance the

DHCP service
Themes service

thoes are hte main ones and there are others,

anyone know how to correct this?

the system according to trend micro, NOD, AVG, Norton and mcafee is free of viruses

also MS AntiSpyware, Adaware, spybot, Highjack-this, all report clean.

Was the system before repair updated to SP2 and disk used for repair was not SP2?

If so you need to update the system to SP2 or some services will be misconfigured.

Also, here is a list of the defaults for services.

it was an SP2 install and also an SP2 repair disk too. so not too sure what is going on. i contacted our MS rep but they are usually no help

Well then go through the list of defaults at the link in my other post as one or more services which the ones that will not start depend on may not be running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back