Services tweaks for SP2

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
Can someone direct me to a link for the tweaks for services in XP that can be disabled, manual or automatic without major problems. And will change for SP2? Anybody know what happened to BlackViper. (I know this has probably been asked a million times, but since I had to reformat with SP2 I'm having to redo everything!) thanks boys and ladies, whoever you are. :)

he's scary...everytime I go to his website the pic of him if that is him bothers me

No problems as well, however when I tried the last couple days I was getting a 403. Blackvipers services configurations are for SP1, but probably won't be much different for SP2 Thanks dreamliner77

BlackViper writes in his current news section that he will/should have his service config's updated to SP2 posted during this week on his site.

Heeter

I take sisoft's sandra's advice on what services to disable after running it. I usually have 5 or so disabelled. Even after that i don't see any improvement in speed.

I dont see anything change after looking at his site and trying a few , its not rocket science ( just go get more ram ) forget trying to find 1-2mbs hidden in a service. LOL

the milkman said:
ive no problems with BlackViper after upgrade to sp2 works well for me:)
Sounds good!

4 silver tops, 1 red top and a gold top on Sunday please milky!

Lee said:
I take sisoft's sandra's advice on what services to disable after running it. I usually have 5 or so disabelled. Even after that i don't see any improvement in speed.
From what I understand, disabling services doesnt improve the speed of your pc, just the startup time.

well. there are good things and bad things about disabling some of the services. Some you may not need most of the time, but certain applications require them (mbsa requires workstation service for example) and others are outright potential vulnerabilities (messenger and remote registry..wtf?) for example. I've seen quite a few times, people disable certain services and then later discover the resulting problems which they have no clue how to fix or what caused them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back