• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Services tweaks for SP2

Can someone direct me to a link for the tweaks for services in XP that can be disabled, manual or automatic without major problems. And will change for SP2? Anybody know what happened to BlackViper. (I know this has probably been asked a million times, but since I had to reformat with SP2 I'm having to redo everything!) thanks boys and ladies, whoever you are. :)

No problems as well, however when I tried the last couple days I was getting a 403. Blackvipers services configurations are for SP1, but probably won't be much different for SP2 Thanks dreamliner77

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
BlackViper writes in his current news section that he will/should have his service config's updated to SP2 posted during this week on his site.

Heeter

L

Lee

I take sisoft's sandra's advice on what services to disable after running it. I usually have 5 or so disabelled. Even after that i don't see any improvement in speed.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
I dont see anything change after looking at his site and trying a few , its not rocket science ( just go get more ram ) forget trying to find 1-2mbs hidden in a service. LOL

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Lee said:
I take sisoft's sandra's advice on what services to disable after running it. I usually have 5 or so disabelled. Even after that i don't see any improvement in speed.
From what I understand, disabling services doesnt improve the speed of your pc, just the startup time.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
well. there are good things and bad things about disabling some of the services. Some you may not need most of the time, but certain applications require them (mbsa requires workstation service for example) and others are outright potential vulnerabilities (messenger and remote registry..wtf?) for example. I've seen quite a few times, people disable certain services and then later discover the resulting problems which they have no clue how to fix or what caused them.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy