Service Pack Release Notes

Wait for the final release... thats my idea i just uninstalled mine less then an hour ago

Originally posted by gonaads

Can't you just do a restore prior to your install of the SP 1 Beta? Then install the final release SP 1 if it doesn't upgrade from the Beta.

Not a chance. SP1 installs new system files your old prior restore points are NO GOOD and will if you are lucky let you go back maybe (not for me the first time) to last good setup.
It MUST be removed from Control Panel, then SP1 the release (which who knows....this MAY BE the release if no big bugs are found) installed. Then make new restore points. Since MS is releasing the final on 8/14 per many news reports...I doubt there will be another "beta" either a RC or it might be it already.:eek:

I'm not gonna touch it. My system's been up for 25 days straight. My system is rock solid right now, and you'll probably still be able to get pieces of it online either at MicroSquish or other places. Kinda like Win98, I HOPE. So I'd rather piece meal it then screw with my system now that it's happy.

I hope it's in available in chunks. I've been updating my windows through microsoft's update site (installing windows hotfix SP1's)
and they have made some of my system unstable and not responding. Luckily Microsoft does have a windows download history site and I was able to weave thru and remove the quirky SP1's that I thought gave me the coughing PC blues.

All I want from SP 1 is the USB 2.0 driver updates.

hopefully it will be available on it's own.

If you use the FCK... serial, just use that workaround posted a few days ago, it works perfectly. Just don't use the FCK serial ever again for any future installations.

dont poast that kinda info here, would a mod please close this thread :D i woudl do it for ya but i cant lol

Right Wing Microsofties

LOL

I love the way that the "Microsoft Fundamentlists" weighed in on the XP piracy thing.
And the Piracy advocates rebuffing the challenges.

It's a whole new religion folks. Like Dianetics<sp> or Scientology<sp>.

Right-Wing Microsoft Corporation Fundamentalist
vs
Left-Wing Open Source P2P Freedom Militia

It appears that the majority of peeps, really do need a Powerfull God to follow. Be it Money, Wisdom, Theory or OS.

:D

PS...This is just a joke, I don't mean to offend either the Micoserf or the P2P religeous fanatics out there...

Originally posted by surge
dont poast that kinda info here, would a mod please close this thread :D i woudl do it for ya but i can lol
I don't moderate this section...for quick responses report the thread, all mods will receive an email and it will be taken care of.

from wot i read in outher places sp1 won't install on computers usin a false acess code, but it won't stop u from using xp or nothin (microsoft's brain boxes strike again) prehaps there hopin that widout the fixes we'll b beging them 2 stop the gliches

i dont mind what ya do in ya spare time, i like to hack around anything microsoft , but you shouldnt be comming here for that kinda info there are sites for that and we all know where they are ;).

Got a confused stance about this now as it has been posted on the frontpage about changing your product key, however I can definatly tell you I will not tolerate links to sites offering new product keys or means of getting them, except of course http://www.microsoft.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back