Service Pack 3 for XP

zapoqx

Striking Master
So I just wanted to know how Service Pack 3 is. I heard that there are some issues with SP3 and as a gamer, upcoming programmer, etc, I want to know if its worth the update or not right now as I don't want issues to suddenly arrise out of no where.

I haven't experienced any issues with it and I've rolled it out over 200 times since it was released.

SP3 is mostly just security patches, but I haven't seen any issues with it for gaming.

When I was running it I had no issues at all, ran the same as if I was running SP2.

None here either, installed on 15+ machines and everything is as it was.

There are problems with XP SP3 on Dell Laptops ( mostly the Vostro Series) with the Wireless 1395 Adapters (Broadcom Derivative) it seems that the latest Driver release was early 2007 and causes unusual issuesc with SP3 , predominantly Windows Update won't install the latest patches.

Shaf

Well I have SP3 on my main/home PC and on my Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop with no problems.

I do play games on the home PC and have had no problems. Now most of my games aren't the latest and greatest but my Half Life2 Orange Box isn't that old either.

I haven't had any problems on any of my own computers with SP3 or the ones I've put SP3 (either installing post-install or slipstreamed into an XP install disc) on other people's computers, either.

I haven't had any issues with games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back