• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Service Pack 3 for XP

zapoqx

Striking Master
So I just wanted to know how Service Pack 3 is. I heard that there are some issues with SP3 and as a gamer, upcoming programmer, etc, I want to know if its worth the update or not right now as I don't want issues to suddenly arrise out of no where.

shaf

OSNN One Post Wonder
There are problems with XP SP3 on Dell Laptops ( mostly the Vostro Series) with the Wireless 1395 Adapters (Broadcom Derivative) it seems that the latest Driver release was early 2007 and causes unusual issuesc with SP3 , predominantly Windows Update won't install the latest patches.

Shaf

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Well I have SP3 on my main/home PC and on my Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop with no problems.

I do play games on the home PC and have had no problems. Now most of my games aren't the latest and greatest but my Half Life2 Orange Box isn't that old either.

I haven't had any problems on any of my own computers with SP3 or the ones I've put SP3 (either installing post-install or slipstreamed into an XP install disc) on other people's computers, either.

I haven't had any issues with games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chawalsub