service pack 1 BETA???

D

DAZZ

how do i install this??

i "downloaded" it while back :D

and theres no setup.exe or nothin in it????

If you have the same file as I do, XPSP1beta.zip, you need to unzip it into a temporary directory and then you can install it.
I used WinZip to extract my file.

uhh, no

im just wondering why there isnt a setup.exe or even any .exe in the cd

Can anyone give me a link or a pointer on how to get the XPSP1?? I appreciate any help.

HAHA i cannot believe i downloaded that and saw to my amazement that it questioned whether i had pirated software and would not allow me to proceed. Im currently using XP Pro that was "given" to our rather large company for testing etc... for a possible rollout. I cannot believe this version will not allow a SP1 install. Nothing surprises me about Microsoft anymore and now i understand why hackers etc... get a kick out of beating them and their stupid games.

You're really going to love it when you find out you can't use windows update anymore.

It only doesn't work with a certain illegal product key... Who gave it to you to "test" ?

Neowin, another zero warez tolerance board/news has released the site for a copy (120mbs) of 1060

http://www.sky999.com/home/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=219

In other words it is beta, it is news it would benefit you ONLY if you a( have a real copy of XP
B) Wanna save time with the final which will include AOL 9??
(AOL Alpha 9 in 1061)

YES you can install over another prior version, but this is just for those chomping at the bit to get it.
Frankly ZDNET says wait till it is done, nothing to write home about.

Why AOL is getting back with MS is weird! Again this is from a TOTALLY ANTI WAREZ board like this one.

--Rich

Originally posted by pmcartney
Neowin, another zero warez tolerance board/news has released the site for a copy (120mbs) of 1060

http://www.sky999.com/home/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=219

In other words it is beta, it is news it would benefit you ONLY if you a( have a real copy of XP
B) Wanna save time with the final which will include AOL 9??
(AOL Alpha 9 in 1061)

YES you can install over another prior version, but this is just for those chomping at the bit to get it.
Frankly ZDNET says wait till it is done, nothing to write home about.

Why AOL is getting back with MS is weird! Again this is from a TOTALLY ANTI WAREZ board like this one.

--Rich

url didn't work here

Keep trying it works and it is a rar file too. : (

--Rich
Just worked when I clicked it.

Just right click link and save target as.... pretty fast download spped here!

My "test" copy is a legitimate copy sent to my software testing team at work from microsoft. Its a final version 5.1.2600.
Im part of the IT dept. so obviously i have access to it but i cannot believe it messes up and the key isnts FCKGW or whatever that hacked key is. Im sure we'll get a new copy but its
just a matter of time like the poster said above that windows update will be gone.

Originally posted by Dlovely
My "test" copy is a legitimate copy sent to my software testing team at work from microsoft. Its a final version 5.1.2600.
Im part of the IT dept. so obviously i have access to it but i cannot believe it messes up and the key isnts FCKGW or whatever that hacked key is. Im sure we'll get a new copy but its
just a matter of time like the poster said above that windows update will be gone.

Well simply contact Microsoft and they will supply you with a new one...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back