Serv U = trojan ? lol

wadada

OSNN Senior Addict
my norton 2003 antivirus discovered a trojan virus, it says my servudaemon.exe is a virus ???

so he deleted ( quarantaine ) it but its my server software i downloaded a new servu software from the official homepage and when i installed it he tells me again theres a virus in it ? i think its a false warning, does anyone know more about this ?

I don't know. I had it call Photoshop.exe a virus as well as Winrar.exe. I think it scores highly on alert rates because it's too sensitive.

. . .

yeah but what to do now ?

i cant use serv u anymore because when i restore

the quarantained servudaemon.exe and i start servu

it gets blocked by norton and quarantaine it again :(

avn.jpg

: (

well i excluded the folder with the servU files in norton, but it still

detect it as a virus trojan and delete or quarantaine it, i get sick of

it and deleted servU, i will find another good server ftp program,

anyone know a good one ?

mm not really like filezilla, but found a good one now, bulletproof server is a nice one

It's ok but FZ is small, stable and simple. BTFP at least is pretty secure.

I get the same thing in mine with mcafee, it don't say it's a virus though - It just says it's a probable unwanted app, and points to the Serv-U setup exe file .. I just ignore it ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back