Seriously fast

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Have a look here if you are interested in speed - this baby can easily manage Mach 7 and is designed to go about Mach 10! :eek:

To give you some idea how fast that might be a spacecraft re-entering the atmosphere may start about Mach 36 before the atmosphere starts to slow it down.

and artists impression...

because I think the pic might be a little blurred if taken at Mach 7 speeds! :p

see here

is it real?

What about if the aircraft which was taking the picture was traveling at the same speed? Surly there wouldnt be a blur then.. right?

Mainframeguy said:
Have a look here if you are interested in speed - this baby can easily manage Mach 7 and is designed to go about Mach 10! :eek:

To give you some idea how fast that might be a spacecraft re-entering the atmosphere may start about Mach 36 before the atmosphere starts to slow it down.
Yea, read this on BBC news the other day.
The dimensions are small though. around 1m in height and 3m in length or something like that, and has to be carried by another aircraft on take-off.

Alex_is_Axel said:
is it real?

What about if the aircraft which was taking the picture was traveling at the same speed? Surly there wouldnt be a blur then.. right?

yes it is very real, but only in scale model form (about twelve foot long and five foot span)

As for another plane travelling at same speed, you do realise the fastest manned or air powered flight is still below Mach 4!! So they really could never have anything even close to alongside, unless they flew two of these birds at once, and I'm not sure they could do that!

The pic you linked to is a computer generated model.

Second, it only reached mach 5, and not its intended 7 - 10, we watched it on nasa TV in school.

AWWwwww

X-Istence said:
The pic you linked to is a computer generated model.

Second, it only reached mach 5, and not its intended 7 - 10, we watched it on nasa TV in school.
so like only 3,000 mph :p Seriously though, I am very disappointed with the UK news coverage if they got it so badly wrong... I'll complain somewhere! (Why is it I do not think an email will work? :rolleyes: )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back