Seriously fast

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Have a look here if you are interested in speed - this baby can easily manage Mach 7 and is designed to go about Mach 10! :eek:

To give you some idea how fast that might be a spacecraft re-entering the atmosphere may start about Mach 36 before the atmosphere starts to slow it down.

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
is it real?

What about if the aircraft which was taking the picture was traveling at the same speed? Surly there wouldnt be a blur then.. right?

ming

OSNN Advanced
Mainframeguy said:
Have a look here if you are interested in speed - this baby can easily manage Mach 7 and is designed to go about Mach 10! :eek:

To give you some idea how fast that might be a spacecraft re-entering the atmosphere may start about Mach 36 before the atmosphere starts to slow it down.
Yea, read this on BBC news the other day.
The dimensions are small though. around 1m in height and 3m in length or something like that, and has to be carried by another aircraft on take-off.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Alex_is_Axel said:
is it real?

What about if the aircraft which was taking the picture was traveling at the same speed? Surly there wouldnt be a blur then.. right?
yes it is very real, but only in scale model form (about twelve foot long and five foot span)

As for another plane travelling at same speed, you do realise the fastest manned or air powered flight is still below Mach 4!! So they really could never have anything even close to alongside, unless they flew two of these birds at once, and I'm not sure they could do that!

X-Istence

Political User
The pic you linked to is a computer generated model.

Second, it only reached mach 5, and not its intended 7 - 10, we watched it on nasa TV in school.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
AWWwwww

X-Istence said:
The pic you linked to is a computer generated model.

Second, it only reached mach 5, and not its intended 7 - 10, we watched it on nasa TV in school.
so like only 3,000 mph :p Seriously though, I am very disappointed with the UK news coverage if they got it so badly wrong... I'll complain somewhere! (Why is it I do not think an email will work? :rolleyes: )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8