Serious Security flaw found in Internet Explorer

Gigabot

OSNN Senior Addict
A new flaw has been found in Internet Explorer that allows criminals to take control of people's computers and steal passwords and it's present in all versions of Internet Explorer! Now may be a really good time to switch to Firefox, Google Chrome, or another browser if you haven't done so already because the other browsers aren't vulnerable to this!

Microsoft is continuing its investigation of public reports of attacks against a new vulnerability in Internet Explorer," said the firm in a security advisory alert about the flaw.
Microsoft says it has detected attacks against IE 7.0 but said the "underlying vulnerability" was present in all versions of the browser.
Other browsers, such as Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, are not vulnerable to the flaw Microsoft has identified.
Read full article at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm

Last edited:
I stopped using IE a long back..... i am now quit satisfied with Opera 9.

In XP you can click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools and there you'll find "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)". I wonder if this is any safer?

In XP you can click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools and there you'll find "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)". I wonder if this is any safer?
The article says that all versions of Internet Explorer are vulnerable to this security flaw, so addons or not, you are still vulnerable to this flaw until Microsoft releases an update.

Seeing how there is a .02% or less chance of anything happening I am not gonna get concerned.

This is why you don't use Internet Exploder. Stick with Firefox, Flock, or Opera. Or something other than M$. You will be more safe in the long run.

nothing is secure or 100% safe, dont get too smug because a bite on the ass will hurt just as much

I got an e-mail from MS yesterday since I sign up for their alerts - they are putting an out-of-band security advisory out today about this. I'm assuming they will also have a hotfix shortly thereafter, not waiting for the cycle next month.

Why are people still using IE, I would have figured firefox would have taken a majority lead sometime in the near future cause it runs on any and every platform.

Is this microsoft guys a crap....?

Not sure I know what that means.

Why are people still using IE, I would have figured firefox would have taken a majority lead sometime in the near future cause it runs on any and every platform.

There are plenty of threads out there about people's opinions on IE vs. whatever else, please don't take this thread there.

All you have to do is look at the front page article about Firefox 3.0.5 and see that even Firefox has security issues from time to time:
Fixed several security issues

yeah.. and be sure that if firefox ever reaches the number of users IE has, every hacker out there is gonna be lookin for its security holes and exploits.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back