Serious Problems - Video

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Lately when I have been playing games for anywhere from as little as 5min to a long as 6 hrs (FS2004, AAO, UT2k4, DFBHD) my monitor will go black like it is shut off, the indicator on the monitor will go from green to yellow (like it is in sleep mode). The only way to restore things to reboot.

I have tried everything from changing all setting reguarding video and ram in the bios (including resetting bios and using default setting), no change. I have uninstalled all video drivers completley using drivercleaner, and reinstalling 61.77, no change. I have checked to make sure that there is no power profile set or anything like that to turn off the monitor. I have done virus scans, adaware, hijack this, nothing.

I am out of ideas. Is there any log files that might tell me what happens when this problem occurs? Is there any programs that will tell me if the GPU is over heating? (I have an excellent GPU cooler on it, GeForce 4 Ti4200).

I just need some ideas of things to check, test, and try. I can't afford to just replace stuff till it is fixed. And I don't have any spares.

is the gfx card completely dust free? is the cooler attached properly and has no loose contacts? check to see if there are no other tell-tale signs anywhere..

wrt the overheating issue it seems unlikely to be the case since you have no tell tale signs of heat... ie lines and flickering colored dots and the like...

ok, well I will pull the vid card and check the cooler contact, clean it again really good, and see what happens. If you think of any thing else please let me know.

Well I checked the contact between my thermaltake GPU cooler and the die, and sure enough, wasn't making crap for contact, so I re-did it. I then tried all the games that I have had a crash on and they all seemed to work fine. It is wierd though that it implies that the GPU was overheating yet I had none of the tell-tale signs. I will see haw things progress over the weekend and see if it happens again.

I cleaned it but it really wasn't dirty at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back