Serious Problem!!!!!!!!

E

excoelis

I have a serious problem and everyone I have talked to has no idea what is causing it. When I try and use Nero, Easy Cd creator 5 basic or platnium or even Clone CD my burner will not copy Cd's. I have tried using one at a time with the registry totaly clean of the other software and still no luck. What happens is if I totally uninstall a software then install it I can copy a CD I made of my hardrive, but when I go to copy a CD for example win/98se or any other it won't, it stops copying at 12% and it totally freezes my burner. The only way I can get it to operate is to shut down the computer and unplug the burner then start the computer. I have downloaded all and any updates for all the software that is possible and nothing works, so please don't ask if I did.
I know it isn't a copywrite problem as I have burned these CD's before. I have totally cleaned out my registry but I did it manually and I am sure I have cleaned it out.
I really don't want to reformat as I am on dial up and it takes hours to download the updates that are required. I really hope someone has an idea.
Here are my specs for my computer;
Dell Dimension
PII 500
196MB RAM
Win/XP
Micro-Solutions CD Burner USB Model# 192100(with updated driver)

Originally posted by catch23
Like it or not, formatting your hard drive when you have a problem you cannot fix is the only way out...It could be a software problem (not burning software, not drivers...WINDOWS), or it could be a bad burner (which is doubtful)...If it doesn't work after a format, then you can be fairly sure there's something wrong with the hardware.

Thanks I am going to format not that I want to though.

Same problem

Hey!,
I just read your problem, and you know what??? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM :mad: . I have tried Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum with all the updates for XP, CloneCD, Nero, NTI (seems to work below max speed). I returned my burner because i thought it was bad. Now I'm waiting to get my new one.
If you find something besides formatting the disk let me know please.
:mad:

Re: Same problem

Originally posted by chisss
Hey!,
I just read your problem, and you know what??? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM :mad: . I have tried Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum with all the updates for XP, CloneCD, Nero, NTI (seems to work below max speed). I returned my burner because i thought it was bad. Now I'm waiting to get my new one.

ok, now now for the dumb/obvious question. What burner do you guys have and what motherboard? Dell is notorious for misc motherboard problems. So it would surprise me if it had a bad EIDE controller. Try swapping IDE controllers for your CDRW. may or may not help.

I don't have a fix but I do have a suggestion. You might consider making an image of the cd on your hard drive and then burning it... this will circumvent [what sounds like] some IDE data transfer issues.

Oh, and if you do decide to format and re-install, get the updates and store them on your hard drive or burn them to cd for future use. You can get them by going to Windows Update, under the 'See Also' column, go to the 'Windows Update Catalog' section, there you can download the updates individually and run them from where you downloaded them to.

Re: Same problem

Originally posted by chisss
Hey!,

Well I tried every thing to solve this problem and the only thing that fixed it was to reformat. I hope nobody else has this problem as it is a pain in butt. Both Easy CD creator5 platnium and Nero now work as they should.

Originally posted by catch23
Doesn't Windows just piss you off sometimes?

I got to be honest I don't know if it was windows or Roxio's product. I am more likely to believe that it is ECD Creator as I have heard many people having problems with it. But thats just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back