send to option missing

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
For some reason when I right click I no longer have the send to option. Anyone know how I can get it back?

What exactly is missing the send to desktop option as indicated in the header of your post or the entire send to function? Do you have the sendto powertoys installed? If you go to your Send To folder (type sendto in the run dialogue) is there a file called Desktop? If not search for it in the Documents and Settings\Default User\SendTo folder and copy this to your folder. Note, you must have show hidden files enabled.

Now that is something different.
Check this registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To

does it have this value:

(default) REG_SZ {7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}

Also check this key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
whether there is something that could be relevant on the right side.

It only goes as far as this:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesyste
mObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHa
ndlers

As you can see the Send To is missing

Ok I got my Send To back but the Send To desktop (create shortcut) is missing

Update: I now have the Send To desktop (create shortcut) to show but it dont do anything when I click on it.

Try this : Go to your Send To folder, if the desktop file is not there, rightclick an empty space, click new - text file. Then rename the new textfile to Desktop (create shortcut).DESKLINK
Let's see if it works

edit: Didn't see your update, while posting. Have to think about it.

Another registry key to check:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DeskLink\PersistentHandler

(Default) REG_SZ {098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back