Selling off old hardware - tax question?

Poseeut

OSNN Newbie
Hi :) I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of old hardware I have lying around. I was wondering if selling it off would count as taxable income, as I will more than likely profit from it (a lot of it I got super cheap from a company I used to work for who burnt through equipment hilariously quickly...). Looking at this income calculator tool I would go into the next tax band if it was taxable and sold for what I'm looking to get out of it. Should I be bothered about this? It's a fairly significant amount of hardware and definitely a decent amount of money so it wouldn't surprise me if the government would want a slice of it. This can only really be answered by someone who knows the UK tax system/laws, but any input will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: added link and deleted dupe post that contained link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poseeut

OSNN Newbie
Office PC equipment like monitors, stands and thin pcs from one of their offices that closed down, a few servers. It's not a huge amount of money as such but would likely go over into the next tax band here in the UK. I'm only worrying a bit because I paid nothing or very little for most of it so it would mostly be income.

Also - thanks to the moderator who fixed the post. I think my computer was having a hard time!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kira45