Selective read-only attrib on all folders

F

FireFalcon

I have Windows XP Professional installed on my home network which is a member of an Active Directory

However I don't believe this has any relevance to the issue

The problem is when I look at the properties of a folder, the folder displays a "selective read-only" attribute, meaning that the read only attribute is "checked" with a grey check mark

Whenever I remove this attribute, on any folder, it removes successfully, but when I look at the properties of the object again the attribute remains.

Does anyone have any idea why that would be happening???

I've noticed this too...I'm not sure for the reason but I know that it doesn't work...even though the folder says that it is read only you can still add, copy, and delete it and anything in it...so it seems to just be a bug in it being highlighted or a part of the os doing it that i'm not fully sure about

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back