Security Enhanced Distros?

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have been, over the past few months, looking at the various distributions of linux that completely focus on Security, or Hacking and Cracking whatever perspective you wish to look on this subject. So far I have tried:
  • Knoppix STD
  • PHLAK
  • Auditor
  • Whax currently downloading to try

Im just wondering from people who have used such distro's which for them seems to be the better. Are there any other significant distro's that I havn't listed above?

What im looking for is the one with the smallest resource footprint, the most applications, the most functionality and most importantly the highest level of compatibility. Something that offers a HD-installer would be nice too :)

knoppixSTD is a real good distro...but I have been using PHLAK since v0.1

It has more "nifty" options in my opinion. :)

You could go the BSD route and try FreesBIE for a 3rd party live cd or FreeBSD 5.4 for HD based.

I need something that I can use with no setup whatsoever, yet still achieve a working 802.11g connection with various chipsets. In my experience BSD isnt too great at this, its far too much configuration than what I require.

heh if anything BSD is less configuration than linux has for a good 2 years :)

FreeBSD 6 supports 802.11g with WPA out of the box - give it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back