Securing a laptop

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
Lo people,
We run a Active Directory system on our network. We have laptops which staff can use that cache there profile info and there my documents until they plug it into the network again.
What we need though is some kind of program that would restrict how long they would have the laptop for.
E.g. we hand a laptop out for 2 weeks use and after 2 weeks they cant do anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

expiring passwords? Must be possible, Linux supports this as a native feature.

Not activating Windows only gives you the one month option and is rather inflexible plu shas the risk they might be able to activate, maybe?

self destruct! lol duct tape some grey modeling clay and stick a old timex watch in it with a 2 weeks countdown! lol point it out and tell them if they like there hands bring it back before the watch gets to 0 lol....... well it could work.. hehe

im no help i know. :D

Got a nice script in VBS that runs in the machine run in registry.
If the date is after the expire date it logs them automatically :D

Using Active Directory users and computers you can set the expiry date of an account, the users would have to log on to the domain for their stored profiles to be updated with these changes tho.

We dont want to lock them out of the network.
Just stop them taking the laptops home for a week and us not seeing them for months.
The script is now in a nice and easy msi :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back