Secure Token Access for eBay and PayPal

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I know this is nothing new as they announced it many months ago, but I received and activated my security key from PayPal yesterday. It costs a one-time fee of $5.00 for the key, and you can activate it for both eBay and PayPal. This requires the use of the key to login to either account, giving me a much better sense of security.

For those who use it, I put my recommendation behind picking one up.

https://www.paypal.com/securitykey

I used use something similar with RAS at work.
These things really are great, just don't lose it hehe ;)

$5.00 is a small price to pay for peace of mind in my opinion.
About time the banks woke up to these for online banking.

Erb.. there was a fed guideline that all high-risk transactions are supposed to be using some form of double factor authentication already. Those guidelines went into effect at the start of this past year.

I know for our bank, we have been issuing tokens to all our customers with corporate accounts and are using a secondary image verification system with our retail accounts.

I live in the U.K mate, we eventually get everything you guys do about a year later :D

My bank for example gave me a PIN for online banking, although granted it's not a corporate account.
I'd like to have the option of the token as a non corporate banker also. :)

Erb.. there was a fed guideline that all high-risk transactions are supposed to be using some form of double factor authentication already. Those guidelines went into effect at the start of this past year.

I know for our bank, we have been issuing tokens to all our customers with corporate accounts and are using a secondary image verification system with our retail accounts.
My 401k has always done the image verification, and my personal bank just started doing that about 6 months ago :)

I live in the U.K mate, we eventually get everything you guys do about a year later :D

My bank for example gave me a PIN for online banking, although granted it's not a corporate account.
I'd like to have the option of the token as a non corporate banker also. :)

this is actually completely incorrect... america is very far behind in banking procedures, which is in part why london is once again the top financial center. that and taxes.

this is actually completely incorrect... america is very far behind in banking procedures, which is in part why london is once again the top financial center. that and taxes.

Ooh you use a token for non-corporate banking?
Which bank do you use? I'm interested.
Oh wait, you're in the U.S...I'm guessing you took my original statement a bit too literally :p
My bank is one of the major 4 in the UK and I have no such security offered to me nor put in place. :)

One of my clients uses those for accessing the GE Extranet. What a pain in the butt when it is out of sync.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back