Secondary Display Adapter?

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Hello, I was just going through my device manager today and
couldn’t help but notice that there is a secondary video card
listed “RADEON 9600 SERIES” and “RADEON 9600 SERIES – Secondary.
I only have one Radeon AGP installed and only one AGP slot.

Anyway, is this normal and can you please explain to me what’s up?

---------
P4 3.15 GHz 800MHz Bus
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe Motherboard
1024 MB DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB DDR
WinXP Home Service Pack 2

-thx guys
-seek out!

I believe this is normal because you should have the TV out and that counts as the secondary display. Can anyone verify? I've got it on mine too.

I confirm, I have a 9800 Pro myself.
The secondary display adapter is for Tv-out.

yea i have 9800 and 7500 they both have that feature, but what idont like that when i display on my tv the text is never clear and the resolution fits to 1024x768 nothing higher, is there a way to get that fixed and be able to view it normally on the tv?

FishBoy said:
yea i have 9800 and 7500 they both have that feature, but what idont like that when i display on my tv the text is never clear and the resolution fits to 1024x768 nothing higher, is there a way to get that fixed and be able to view it normally on the tv?

Not fullly no. At least I don't think so. Remember a tv and a computer monitor are different, tv's aren't as good quality as a monitor (also think how many wires are used for data).

You may be able to clean it up a little but not fully, not unless you have a DVI connection on your tv and that I'm not sure of the quality u'd get.

A normal (non-HD) TV only has about 630x400 for resolution. So if you try to display anything higher, it will look crappy. 800x600 is usually just about readable, above that it's just a mess unless you use big fonts. ;)

An HDTV however can display much higher resolutions, up to (depending on HD standard) 1920x1080 (1080i, many only do 720p though). But then you'll need to use RGB component signal or DVI instead of SVHS or Composite.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back