Second Presidential Debate

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
how come there isn't a thread started about the presidential debate that happened tonite?
:p

and so it begins...please post I will have something tomorrow

I'm not going to get into detail, but I watched the debate and thought that the President did a better job this time around. Kerry about mirrored his performance from the first debate, but I thought his first performance was better than last nights. While I didn't keep tally, my impression at the end was that Bush answered more of the questions than Kerry did. They both dodged questions, but looking back it appeared that more of Kerry's answers concerned what Bush has done vs. what he is going to do himself.

My main curiosity still lies in the Iraqi war, though. I know what Bush is going to do, because it's obvious that he is committed to the task and won't waver even if the majority of Americans disagree with him. I'm not sure how that could be argued against since he has made if pretty obvious over the past months. As for Kerry, I don't feel like I've been given a solid answer as to what he will do. I thought I was going to find out in the first debate because he did talk about it, but instead I was left knowing what he was going to do only "if we are successful" in previous efforts. So I'm still left uncertain of his actions if we aren't successful in the things he mentioned. I also understand that he wants more diplomacy in the war by getting other nations involved, but I'm still unsure of how he will do that when he says the war is in "the wrong place at the wrong time." How do you get other nations involved when you refer to the war that way? I really feel like these are legitimate concerns and these are the two questions I would ask him if I had the opportunity.

the following is a political announcement, and it is the opinion myself

the best that could be said for the second bush performance is that he didn't damage his image worse then he did the first time

if everyone remembers, before the debates, kerry was looked at as the more unlikeable candidate...that has surely taken a turn hasn't it.

as far as bush not wavering on his policy in Irag, the opposite is true;

he has wavered every step of the way...he's wavered with his representation of why we would go to war, wavered with what he told us he knew, wavered with the fact that he said send our children to war would be his last resort, wavered in how he told us he would conduct the war, how we would maitain the peace, wavered in what he told us were our goals......he's wavered in everything

here's where he hasn't wavered;

he hasn't wavered in wanting war regardless of whether his information was correct, regardless that his aids told him he would harm America for the war of his obsession...he didn't wavered when his own aids and agencies told him he was missrepresenting his "evidence", and he hasn't wavered in wanting the war in Iraq regardless of the damage his aids told him his war would do in the fight against terrorism...nor has he wavered regardless of how much damage his aids told him he would do to the safety of this country and the world.

so you are right, those things he hasn't wavered on

those are the only things he hasn't wavered on

muzikool said:
I'm not going to get into detail, but I watched the debate and thought that the President did a better job this time around. Kerry about mirrored his performance from the first debate, but I thought his first performance was better than last nights. While I didn't keep tally, my impression at the end was that Bush answered more of the questions than Kerry did. They both dodged questions, but looking back it appeared that more of Kerry's answers concerned what Bush has done vs. what he is going to do himself.

My main curiosity still lies in the Iraqi war, though. I know what Bush is going to do, because it's obvious that he is committed to the task and won't waver even if the majority of Americans disagree with him. I'm not sure how that could be argued against since he has made if pretty obvious over the past months. As for Kerry, I don't feel like I've been given a solid answer as to what he will do. I thought I was going to find out in the first debate because he did talk about it, but instead I was left knowing what he was going to do only "if we are successful" in previous efforts. So I'm still left uncertain of his actions if we aren't successful in the things he mentioned. I also understand that he wants more diplomacy in the war by getting other nations involved, but I'm still unsure of how he will do that when he says the war is in "the wrong place at the wrong time." How do you get other nations involved when you refer to the war that way? I really feel like these are legitimate concerns and these are the two questions I would ask him if I had the opportunity.

I agree that kerry needs to show more of his plans...

however I think its unfair to question kerry on what he is going to do while giving the man who took us in there w/o a plan a clean bill of health...

if anything, bush needs to have far more accountability because it was his mistakes that led to the predicament kerry is being asked his plans for... bush needs to stop talking about kerry's lack of a plan and explain why he should be elected knowing that he has made mistake after mistake so far...

that is a true legitimate concern...

I do believe that after watching the debate and listening to analysts both for Kerry and for Bush that Kerry's credibility was hit pretty hard in this debate. Bush came out like a big ol' bully jumping on every Kerry statement like a man on a mission and didn't show the slow confused side he did in the first debate.

also just noticing that a little air was taken out of the Kerry campaign after this debate...not that it was a clear cut bush win but he did do better last night especially bringing up the voting decisions Kerry has made aabout when Kerry made the statement about the limit on medical litigation Kerry wants so badly but Kerry wasn't even at the senate the day the vote took place on the topic

Tuffgong4 said:
how come there isn't a thread started about the presidential debate that happened tonite?
:p

and so it begins...please post I will have something tomorrow

There wasn't a thread started because Bush obviously won this debate. ;)

j79zlr said:
There wasn't a thread started because Bush obviously won this debate. ;)
That would explain the lack of media coverage. They would have been spewing out the mouth by now had Mr. Kerry won this round, as they did after the first debate. :cool:

ThePatriot said:
That would explain the lack of media coverage. They would have been spewing out the mouth by now had Mr. Kerry won this round, as they did after the first debate. :cool:

I have not seen more than one article on every single news website(and by news site I don't mean the inquirer types) and if there is an article it is tiny and not shown that much...

Tuffgong4 said:
I have not seen more than one article on every single news website(and by news site I don't mean the inquirer types) and if there is an article it is tiny and not shown that much...
Yes, I know! I expected to get up this morning to the usual flurry of John Kerry did this and John Kerry said that stories but lo and behold...nothing! As you stated, just a few little articles here and there. And the content! Need I say more!? Now this comes on the heels of many people arguing with me that the media is biased towards the President. I'd have to say this proves otherwise. Very, very interesting!

Interesting observations Tuffgong4 and ThePatriot.

every single poll, shows Kerry won it

sorry bout that guys...THEORIES BURDENED WITH FACTS CAN BE A TERRIBLE THING CAN'T IT

...the thread wasn't started here at osnn because all of the points were already made

it's incredible that the wealthy owned media still Has people believing "the liberal media" myth (and it's a myth perpetuated by the media in case you didn't know it...oh the burden of it all)

this is like the wolf in sheep clothing telling you to look out those bad wolf...this sort of trick works on sheep, I'm surprised it works on people

_40161014_bulge_203body.jpg

Strange looking line down your back Mr Bush.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3730364.stm

hehe...I was wondering why he blinks and looks distant just after someone asks hin a question (like a child with downs syndrome)

perris said:
every single poll, shows kerry won it

sorry bout that guys...THEORIES BURDENED WITH FACTS CAN BE A TERRIBLE THING CAN'T IT
The polls show Mr. Kerry ahead by less than the margin of error, and they ALL call it a draw, and then the story pretty much drops off. There's NO denying this one perris. I'm not arguing the numbers in the polls, just the fact that the media is Mr. Kerry's bitch, not the Presidents.

they ALL call it a draw
nobody calls it a draw, every poll shows kerry won it...sorry...now you might claim a virtual draw, and that's true

and again, at best, Bush didin't do as much damage as he did on his first performance.

it's very clear thepatriot...kerrys image has soared, and of the two, he is now perceived as the more likeable of the two...this is opposite of the view before the debates, and it is a clear result of them

and my point was simply addressing the rediculous claim that "we were silent because bush won"...which he clearly did not

now as far as the media being pro kerry?!?

you've got to be kidding!!!

the wealthy woned media kills him at every chance, they repeat all Bush claims against kerry without rebutt...when a Bush blurb is broadcast, they edit it with the applause that accompanies the blurb, when a kerry blurb is broadcasr, they edit out the audience...things as obvious as this I guess is easy to miss for those that want to beleive the "liberal media myth"...85% of all newspapers endorse republican candidates, 99% of all radio is a republican info-mercial and a democrat bashing service

most political formats on tv, concervative, the list goes on and on and on

it is frightening how hard they are trying to get this man reelected

I don't know what media you're reading, but this media so so pro republican, it is dangerous...we arre turning into a one party country

you even fall for the wealthy owned media marketing of the man in office...you accept every claim he's made against kerry...it's not hard to fall for the little trick they use.

first they call themselfs " the liberal media"

and then they go on and bash and critisize democrats at pain of reality and facts

it is frightening

ThePatriot said:
Ok my friendly conspiracy theorists...have you ever considered security(body armor)? That is most likely what you are looking at.
it's a joke

perris said:
nobody calls it a draw, every poll shows kerry won it...now you might claim a virtual draw, and that's true

sorry

now as far as the media being pro kerry?

you've got to be kidding...they kill him at every chance, they repeat all Bush claims against kerry without rebutt...it is frightening how hard they are trying to get this man reelected

I don't know what media you're reading, but this media so so pro republican, it is dangerous...we arre turning into a one party country
I'm just repeating what I heard and saw on the news. And the word draw was used, virtual or otherwise. Thats the first time I heard it and the first time I didn't see the news stories tripping over each other to stroke the Kerry camp. The news on my "My Yahoo" homepage comes from AP, Reuters, washingtonpost.com and USA Today. So, maybe I need to change them, because at least those four are pro-Kerry!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back