"search" needs to connect to the web?

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
Ok, well If I'am not connected to the internet.. I can't search for files on my computer.. I have to connect... and then my ZoneAlarm tells me that explorer want's to access the internet.. I have to let it so I can search... WTF?

I feel your pain. I have the same problem. I posed the same question and received several answers...however none worked. I'll see if I can find the suggestions made to me. I still have the prob.

The other post was about the Search Companion not being found. That's not the prob.

Anyone out there with a tweak to let me search my machine without being connected?.....HELP!!!!

Originally posted by NuclearSmegma
Anyone out there with a tweak to let me search my machine without being connected?.....HELP!!!!

Not a tweak, but another program. Try using Total Commander (formerly Windows Commander). It is a small, fast program modelled after the famous Norton Commander (ahh, old DOS times). Works great, and is shareware (but no time limit or funcitonallity limit). Use ATL F7 for a search.

Apart from that, it is a much better file management program, it can pack and unpack, ftp, syncronize, etc.....

Good luck!

Cheers, EJ :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back