• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"search" needs to connect to the web?

Ok, well If I'am not connected to the internet.. I can't search for files on my computer.. I have to connect... and then my ZoneAlarm tells me that explorer want's to access the internet.. I have to let it so I can search... WTF?

NuclearSmegma

This Space for Rent
I feel your pain. I have the same problem. I posed the same question and received several answers...however none worked. I'll see if I can find the suggestions made to me. I still have the prob.

NuclearSmegma

This Space for Rent
The other post was about the Search Companion not being found. That's not the prob.

Anyone out there with a tweak to let me search my machine without being connected?.....HELP!!!!

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
Originally posted by NuclearSmegma
Anyone out there with a tweak to let me search my machine without being connected?.....HELP!!!!
Not a tweak, but another program. Try using Total Commander (formerly Windows Commander). It is a small, fast program modelled after the famous Norton Commander (ahh, old DOS times). Works great, and is shareware (but no time limit or funcitonallity limit). Use ATL F7 for a search.

Apart from that, it is a much better file management program, it can pack and unpack, ftp, syncronize, etc.....

Good luck!

Cheers, EJ :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis