"Search" Function

That problem was also discussed ( some files were corrupted ) .
You must reinstall from Windows XP CD a file . This problem appeared cause you've searched you pc while you were online and the message is : " Search companion not found ... " , am i right ?

Hi

I haver that same problem (search companion not found). How can I reinstall it from the CD?
When I try to see the Windows components tga I have installed, I get a message saying that "can't read the file *.inf,*).
Any help

Many thanks in advance

Regards

cmgam:confused:

To Restore Search Companion:

Open Explorer, go to \windows\inf and find 'srchasst.inf'. Right click on it and select 'install'. You may be asked to put your Windows XP install disk in to find some files.

Hi Allan

Now I have "search" function.
Let me take a little more of your time. When I want do see the screen of the windows components to add/remove, I get the following message:

" Windows XP setup
Setup was enable to open information file pinball.inf.7. contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2 at line 2011806598"

The game (I think the message is pinball game related; How to delete it?) works. I can't find any file with that name and I tried the same solution you gave for "search" but at no avail.

Any help?

Many thanks for you time (again)

Regards

:confused:

Unfortunately my computer came with XP Home. I tried the install thing and couldn't find the file on any of the disks that came with the computers. Sux to be me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back