• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Search function not working

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Can anyone get the forum search to work? Whatever I search for comes up with "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. " :cry:

I've tried loads of terms that should obviously find stuff, but nothing works.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to be working when I search for longer phrases. I was searching for a wma tag editor, so I searched for wma and nothing came up - is this because there are too many results? When I search for wma tag editor, a whole load of things come up, but most are not related.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Works fine for me.

I had the same problem awhile ago though. For some reason you have to have more than 5 characters in the search box. Anything less than that returns that message, as is a function built into vBulletin.

For example, if you search for "Internet Explorer" you will get results. However searching for something like "IE", gets the message returned.

What were you trying to search for specifically?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Works fine for me.

I had the same problem awhile ago though. For some reason you have to have more than 5 characters in the search box. Anything less than that returns that message, as is a function built into vBulletin.

For example, if you search for "Internet Explorer" you will get results. However searching for something like "IE", gets the message returned.

What were you trying to search for specifically?
I searched for "Really Long" the first time with no results. Just now tried it again and it works. ????

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Yeah, but in this case my search contained enough characters and still returned no results. I think the search actually was broken for a few minutes there. Probably just got tired and needed to go pee.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I tried "wma" but that still doesn't bring anything up. If it fails because there are too few characters, perhaps it should tell the user to try using a word with more. I wasn't sure what was going on!

On site related issues, I love the new buttons on the front page for comments etc :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I tried "wma" but that still doesn't bring anything up. If it fails because there are too few characters, perhaps it should tell the user to try using a word with more. I wasn't sure what was going on!

On site related issues, I love the new buttons on the front page for comments etc :)
If you look in the thread I referenced above, I had the same exact idea about a different message being displayed :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies