Search feature

L

lechtard

Why is it set to have a min of three characters in the search field ??? I know why but it's annoying -- Is there anyway to set it like that for just certain words ???

I was trying to look for info on "Windows XP Disk 2" and it wouldn't let me search for it because of "XP and 2" .... I don't know - It was just annoying me so I thought I would say something.

i have nticed that before......it is a bit of a pain in the a$$:(

we resset the board to default settings...this will be retsolved when we customize again

no it's always been like that as far as i'm aware:confused:

I think its always been 3char's
Then again i only ever noticed it once, rarely use the search thing.

Ohwell... summat to look into i spose :)

The problem is...
every word over 3 characters is sotred in a huge database (so that searching doesn't take a month of sundays) if we decrease this down to 2 it will take even longer to search and put the server under even more starin.

Hopefully those clever Jelsoft blockos have tohught up sometihng big and clever for vbulletin3, but we will have to wait until we get our hands on it.

the almighty punk has spoken:happy:

Just showing I am aware of the problems on the forums and will deal with them if I can ... default...shudder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back