Search Engines!

O

o0_Enigma_0o

Hi guys

Thanks for looking...

I want to make search engine... is there any "free" software that will use PHP etc to make it work on a webiste?

I have basic knowlege of PHP and SQL etc etc but I really want a search engine..

Im not trying to become the next google.. or yahoo.. but I would like it to search the entire web.
is it possible or am i just stupid?

Cheers Guys

Kirky

Check out HotScrips' PHP search engines section. You'll have to sift through some crap but there are some true gems on that site. You might have a problem finding a true web search engine (most are designed solely for the website the script is used on) simply because running a spider to scan the web requires a huge amount of bandwidth and resources.

Hi Guys,

i answer to celticfan11, I was just looking into making a search engine that would run like google... just so i can learn how it works etc... I just like to play :)

In reply to Weasel:
Thanks mate, I will have a look at the scripts, i didnt know that it would require so much bandwitdh.

On another note...

Would it be possible to make a search engine that searches other website..

idea one..

www.dogpile.com <-- like this...

or..

Idea 2...

Searching for things like torrents...
From my website user could search for a item... my website would check lets say 10 other websites and then return the user the results...?

Thanks guys...

PS. I dont use torrent's or download "free" software... i think its wrong.
Its just the same sort of thing im trying to do :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back