Search Engine for MirC

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I am wondering is there such a thing as a search engine for Mirc servers/channels? I am looking for a particular file to discuss/download. Being a total noob to Mirc, I do not know if such a thing exists.

Heeter

Heeter

There are pieces of software known as scripts that you can apply to mIRC. I use one calld XDCC Flipper. If you just need to find something in a hurry, there are websites that list what is available to d/l. Packetnews.com is a good one. Hope this helps some.

vivid

Heeter said:
Hi Guys,

I am wondering is there such a thing as a search engine for Mirc servers/channels? I am looking for a particular file to discuss/download. Being a total noob to Mirc, I do not know if such a thing exists.

Heeter

Thanks, I will try that website.

Can I download that Flipper from there?

Heeter

Heeter said:
Thanks, I will try that website.

Can I download that Flipper from there?

Heeter

No, that site won't have scripts. Just do a google search for xdcc scripts or mirc scripts. I searched for Flipper but couldnt find it on the net. Must be old.

vivid

servers/channels are different then scripts ... if severs/channels are truely what your looking for you might wanna check mIRC's page here. It list the big ones and also has links to hundreds more :)

Well I was wondering if there is such a thing as a "Google" search for a file within Mirc.
I tried Packetnews and ircspy to no avail. Maybe there are others.

Heeter

Heeter said:
Well I was wondering if there is such a thing as a "Google" search for a file within Mirc.
I tried Packetnews and ircspy to no avail. Maybe there are others.

Heeter
oh your looking to grab files via mIRC ... well if you didn't find it on ircspy you'll have to do it the hardway ... pick a network then check out channels :p

ps - depending on the network and "files" your after you may wanna make sure you have your settings correct (as far as security) as some networks can be "interesting" ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back