Search Companion

M

MasterEvilAce

[[[[[***** Fixed! Scroll to the bottom until you see big text *****]]]]]

Ok, so I looked up a bunch of help sites, and everything.
Searched this forum, and such.
All trying to fix the Search companion bug.

First, I've found two different problems.
1) The first one tells you something about a file cannot be found.. in one thread, people were relating this to zonealarm.
Microsoft released a patch that fixes this (it's somewhere on this site's new archive) it had to do with the search connecting to the internet...

anyways
2) , The problem I am having..
I try to search, and get a blank message box, with a yellow "!" in a yield sign, and it says search companion at the top.

I've tried SFC, and it didn't fix it.
I have formatted twice now, each time fixes it, but it gets broken again, somehow.

I have seen more problems with number 2,(infact, this is the only site i have found others WITH this problem)

I have come to the conclusion that one of the tweaks at this site, possibly the service tweak, or any registry changes, is the cause.

Each time it's gone bad, it was after performing tweaks from xp-erience.org, tweakxp.com, and the Service tweak (disabling useless tweaks)

If we can get some responses about what everybody did that was the same, I'm sure we can fix this problem.

Thanks.

Yea thats whats happening to me... i switched to classic and got rid of the box but now no results pop up.

Oh and by the way when that happened my computer was totally untweaked i just did a fresh install.

Thanks for the reply.
Untweaked...
hmm

I'm using the classic mode, and it does it..

This is terrible..

maybe it has to do with indexing? or something.. ehhhh

welll what exactly have you done to fix this problem? also have you installed the service pack?

Originally posted by xsk8zerox
welll what exactly have you done to fix this problem? also have you installed the service pack?
I ment I was using the classic search and it still did the Dialog box

THIS JUST IN!
I looked around the internet.. and found a file!
it's a .VBS file
and it FIXES**** This problem!

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm

second link is the one you want.
the other links will fix other problems, which you may have

that site needs some major linkage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back