search by address bar faulty

D

darkstonexa

right can someone explain why for the life of god I can't stop the searching by address bar from using a chinese site as the search engine..

its getting extremly annoyingnow and I can't read chines...

I checked the advance propeties for search and that pointing at msn...
even removed all refereneces to the chinese thing in the REG but can I search by a non chinise search engine NO

any help PLEASE

simple questions: before removing chinese stuff in reg, have you flushed temp file and history? try to find/delete any cookies of the search site. Maybe (only a supposition) it's a kind of spyware so you could scan your PC with Ad-Aware and a good updated anti-virus.

Hope this will help!

You wouldn't believe it but I found the problem in the end ...
something installed it self with out my knowledge..
it showed up in add/remove programs..
chinese text thingy can't remeber exactly what it was called...

the best thing was when you go to unistall it it it takes you to a webpage / script in chinese I mean man how the hell you supposed to work out which buttons to press unless your fluent in chinese lol..

anyway after a few bits of guessing I got it removed succesfully and all is back to normal

Thanks for your reply though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back