Search Bar on IE 6

J

jason2slow

i installed msn plus and noticed it installed some other stuff, like this search bar named "rkkeatriegr", everytime i remove from the main ie bar, it comes back when i go to a new page or when i restart, i ran ad-aware too and it didn't remove it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Using the little application I provided below do a search for itools

I believe it is and when you see the hits right click on each one and launch regedit and delete the reg keys for anything with itools in it, that stupid toolbar is a pain my son had it on his puter even if you use add/remove it still comes back. :)

hmm it wasn't itools, and it wasn't that weird name...ill put a pic of it up and see if anyone knows what it is...

Hijack This will probably find and remove the bar. Also, you might check 'msconfig' to see if it is a program that loads on startup. If so, you can uncheck it, find its registry entry, and delete it yourself.

i tried looking for both of those...still nothing found:(

Did you download Spybot ? If I am reading this wrong forgive me but I am under the impression you are seaching for spybot and not going and looking for it on the WWW, spybot is a program that will get rid off spywear and that toolbar is most likely just that a known spywear . :)

It looks alot like one I saw today in school , in your add/remove list do you see anything that you dont remember installing , I mean your gonna know all your games and stuff but alot of the times we will see names of stuff we dont even know we had.

Yeah the author of msplus! need funding help so he got it from sponsors *coughspywarecough*. I think all you'll need to do is uninstall plus! then reinstall plus! again but be sure to uncheck the sponsor option upon installation.

thank you! i had to reinstall the spyware with plus because i used adaware i think, then uninstalled and everything is gone:) thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back