seagate hard drive problem plz help before I put my computer out of my misery

N

Nuts

I just recently installed a second hard drive (it's the third bleedin replacement drive that seagate has sent me, unreliable damned thing). However, I am now getting all sorts of warning in the system event viewer:

The warning has been coming right before my recent bsods (three today) and its source is given as Ultra
and this is the message that it gives me

"The driver has detected that device \Device\Scsi\ultra1 has old or out-of-date firmware. Reduced performance may result.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

anyone run into this or have any ideas on how to remedy the problem? Thanks much!

ok a few questions first

is the drive IDE or SCSI

do you have any sort of raid setup and where is the drive plugged in

have you checked seagate for any type of driver updates they might have for the drive.

You probably need an updated driver for your IDE card then, why not just plug the HD into your Mobo or do you alredy have 4 devices taking up all the slots?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back