Seabiscuit

Sazar

Rest In Peace
watched it last night..

have mixed feelings about it... I liked the directorial style... the landscapes were great and the horse riding scenes/races were quite brilliantly conducted...

the 3 main characters did a fabulous job IMO... perhaps not quite oscar worthy for the owner/and maguire... but the horse trainer was good... really good... again IMO :)

here's the problem I had with the movie...

there are a few holes that just gape and are never filled... for a movie that is supposedly an oscar contender... you can't have holes in the story/flow of the movie like the ones I felt... not with the sterling performance being put forth by the cast...

there was just something lacking... I don;t know what it was but this movie could have been GREAT but in the end is merely GOOD... thats not a bad thing but if you watch the movie...perhaps you will see that something that could have been so much more does leave one a touch dissapointed inside...

btw... musical score was very well done as well... IMO...

I give the movie 3.5/5 ntfs stars... a good thoughtful movie... just lacking a little...

I've been meaning to catch this film. The cast looks outstanding, and so I'm hoping for the best. I'll post my own rating once I see it.

I really liked the whole theme of the movie, and the acting was very good too :)

The horse trainer was Chris Cooper. He was EXCELLENT. The rest of the cast was good, but Chris stood out.

This was a feel-good movie but it's one of the few times I've seen the audience clap when the movie ended. I enjoyed it immensely.

I wanted to see this a while ago, but I haven't got to the theater to watch it, since I'm just lazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back