sdram and ddr?

F

fitfella29

if a motherboard has slots for both these types of memory can it run both at the same time?

not always. some boards let you use all the slots at the same time but the fsb is tuned down to your SLOWEST memory module.

thanks for the reply`s.

XP PROFESSIONAL
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
JETWAY 866AS ULTRA MB
LEADTEK GF4Ti4400 128MB DDR AGP VO DVI
40 GB HD
TEAC 40X CD-ROM
LITEON 32X12X40 RE-WRITER
REALTEK 10/100 FAMILY FAST ETHERNET NIC
19" LG FLATRON MONITOR
MICROSOFT INTELLIMOUSE OPTICAL
CREATIVE SOUNDWORKS DIGITAL

Originally posted by Highwind7777
not always. some boards let you use all the slots at the same time but the fsb is tuned down to your SLOWEST memory module.

Have u ever mixed Sdram with DDR ram? it looks like your confused. fsb is turned down on the same type of ram. for example if u have pc100 sdram and pc133 sdram installed on the same system the fsb is at the lower pc100 speed, using the same idea using pc2100 ddr ram and pc2700 ram the fsb runs at the lower speed of pc2100.

Bottom line if u install sdram and ddr ram on the same system, u got some problems. and if for some stupid reason it actually does work ur going to have some major stablity problems :(

a mate of mine wanted to know this about the ddr & the sdram running side by side on the same board,got a speedy response as always!

Tray and I love it !!

Play DVD movies all the time. got 5.1 1200 w speakers, and I just kick back and enjoy the movie, never had a problem with it once. :D

u can only use 1 or the outher i would recomend u use sdram cus it's cheaP:D

yeah im thinking about getting the slot version next week.

XP PROFESSIONAL
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
JETWAY 866AS ULTRA MB
LEADTEK GF4Ti4400 128MB DDR AGP VO DVI
40 GB HD
TEAC 40X CD-ROM
LITEON 32X12X40 RE-WRITER
REALTEK 10/100 FAMILY FAST ETHERNET NIC
19" LG FLATRON MONITOR
MICROSOFT INTELLIMOUSE OPTICAL
CREATIVE SOUNDWORKS DIGITAL

Originally posted by henyman
u can only use 1 or the outher i would recomend u use sdram cus it's cheaP:D

Might be cheaper in the UK, but here in the US DDR is actually cheaper than sdram, and a whole lot faster, no comparsion really. :D

Originally posted by fitfella29
yeah im thinking about getting the slot version next week.

I didn't even know they made a slot version, are they the same price or what? if the tray version is cheaper I would go with that.

yeah its came down in price here too,well the unbranded ddr has.

is there much diff between branded/unbranded ddr performance wise?

512 mb of pc133 sdram is bout £100 here can get it from america 4 half the price

yeah everything is so much cheaper on that side of the pond,:(

were always gettin ripped off!

2 true every thin is 2 very expensive cars,computers,ram when i found the ram @ half the price of p.c world etc i woz well pissed off @ how much they must b makin cus they mus buy it even cheaper than wot i've seen it 4

-=punked=-

there is really no difference performance wise between the two, well nothing u are going to notice anyway. unbranded is fine, go with it.

If sdram was a lot cheaper than ddr, I might actually consider it, but it would have to be a hell of a lot cheaper. I didn't realize it was so expensive in the UK, shoot u blokes just buy it here and have it shipped. :D

Originally posted by fitfella29
if a motherboard has slots for both these types of memory can it run both at the same time?
ASUS made a board that had 2 slots for PC-133 and 3 slots for PC2100 DDR, but you could only switch between the two, but then again why would you want to?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back