Screen Saver hotkey.

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Is there any way, that I can activate the screen saver instantly by pressing a certain key combo?

W00t! :) Yea! That's pretty much what I need. Thanks!

I hopes this will work with Windows XP

Oh yes, one more question.

Any way that I can set the password so that it does not appear for the logon screen part, just the screen saver?

I'm running XP Pro

Come on Nick M - what do you want "blood out of a stone"?

I managed to find the "shortcut key" for you and now I am supposed to stumble upon something about passwords?:D :D :D

Just joking - I have not really been looking - but if I get a chance, and no one else helps - I'll look around!;)

I realize! Thanks damnyank! Really.

I'v been looking myself, can't find anything.

I just don't want the silly log on screen, just a screen saver with pass word protect.

Q: Your screen saver came set with a password. How do I find out what it is?
A: Actually, no it didn't. While each screen saver can opt to use or not use password protection (usually specified through the screen saver's settings options), all screen savers use the same system-wide password. There was probably already a password set from some time long past, but none of the screen savers were using the password option until the new screen saver was installed and the password option was turned on. See the previous note about using PWZAP.ZIP to reset a forgotten password.

Just curious if you have anything in your screensaver setting options that would enable/disable the password protect. The way I read it, that password would be the same for all screen savers!

BTW - I got this info from here - Tech Support (FAQ's)

Dang. That...answers my question. I thought so too, in order to set a screen saver password, you need a general sys pass, and well, that's going to bring up the logon screen.

Thanks anyway damnyank, you've been a great help!

Well, at least part of it works - which is better than none of it working - which is so Micro$oftish!:p :p

* wishes for Linux *

awaits summer time

You should try it..it's a cool alternative OS...if you can get it to install that is

Just skip the logon screen:

Go into control panel and open User Accounts. Click change the way users log on or off. Then uncheck Use the Welcome Screen and click apply options. Close out those windows and click START > RUN and type: control userpasswords2 and click OK. Then uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Uncheck require users to press control alt delete to logon (on the advancted tab) and click OK. It will then ask you for the user name and password that you want the system to automatically logon at startup.

There you go! No more logon screen. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back