screen keeps resetting

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
i got a prob..i think it might b the video card..buh honestly not sure...every so often ..even sometimes when i press alt + tab the screen goes black like its resetting..and then shows up again..goes black for like a second..and everythings fine again..sometimes text is left in a different line after its placed in another like example:

typed here still appears here but then goes away
moved here

buhh ye..my temps r very cool right now
cpu 19*C
sys 1 - 16*C
sys 2 - 19*C
got a window open nice cool air comin in ..soo i dont beleive its the temperatures...any ideas y?...see sig for computer info

goin to sleep for the night...will check the thread in the morning if i get time...hopefully u guys got some suggestions..thanks
gnight..bye

Why don't you try unclocking your card? It might not be so NICELY giving better performance.

ps Don't let the bed bugs bite. :D

but if it wasn't giving the 'nice' performance lol then would heat not be an issue?..i have 2 fans on the side of the case blowing the cool air in over the vid card cpu and pci slots...and an exhaust fan at the top along with the power supply...could the o/c still be an issue?..

Rather than asking, just reset the clocks back to default and tell us the result... easy as that

Originally posted by desimatrix007
could the o/c still be an issue?..
Yes! The heat is just one bad side effect of OC'ing. There are quite a few more. :)

buhh ye..my temps r very cool right now
cpu 19*C
sys 1 - 16*C
sys 2 - 19*C
Hard to believe the cpu is only running at 66 degrees F.

nope the temps are pretty accurate it was about 0*C outside tha day and lotsa wind comin in from the window was nice n cool in here...maybe a lil too cool for me..buh the computer was cooling down a lot n very fast with it

:D :p
what some people will do for a little more OC room. ;)

lollllllllllll no no i cant o/c on my board..no optionz..it was hot in my house..was jus coolin down the room lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back