screen freezing

F

fatboy

Any ideas on how I can stop the screen freezing while I'm defragging the hard drive ??
In order to get out of this I have to reset the system.??

please elp

my system is

1800 xp 512 ram
geforce 3 graphics
two drives 30 gig
one with ME on
one with XP on

thank u...

First try chkdsk /f on all of your drives if no errors are found try to disable/enable the DMA66 setting with a program like TweakXP. If it still does not change anything try to update your mainboard drivers, VIA offers very good ones with their VIA4in1 drivers I don't know how good the support is with other chipsets.

Another idea could be to disable AGP Fast Writes in your bios.

Chrissi

What a star chrissicom I did wot u said and downloaded the latest 4 in 1 drivers and installed as check disc showed everything ok.
went into defrag and defragged both drives no problemo

cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back