screen freezes while "windows is shutting down".....

E

EMDY

recently i noticed that when i wanted to shut down my pc, it hanged or froze in the blue screen while it says "windows is shutting down"....but my mouse doesn´t move ...i was just waiting for the Black screen with de Windows XP logo saying " it is now safe to turn off your computer".....but just doesn´t appear......what´s the problem??????

i think.....

i think...windows update should help
mapped driver shutdown
something like that
or u already have it?

i´ve already done the Windows Update....but it doesn´t appear any other update available......what´s Mapped driver shutdown?????? is that a program or something??? where to find???

It is...

The mapped drive shutdown is an update that u dload at winupdate.....
have you already got it?...
my computer used to freeze up like that too
i dloaded the update
and its fine now

have you used the quick shutdown reg hack...because maybe it's not giving xp enough time to shut down and giving you a BSOD

check the update catalog for individual updates think I saw it there regarding hanging during suhtdown.

i get to windows update site but it doesn´t appear any other updates available..........is there another way to get it and install it????
About the quick shutdown reg hack.....where can i find that?....is it here in the site?

when i get to the link you gave me Josannie2 it just opens the windows update catalog......but STILL it doesn´t appear any available update regardin this problem........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back