screen freezes on startup.

can it get from about 20 to 70 in a couple of mins. wow.

i hope these may help.

Attachments

• sand problem help2.JPG
    sand problem help2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 108
  • sandra problem solver thing2.JPG
    sandra problem solver thing2.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 106
bobsalot said:
ok i understand that the pc maybe was too hot, but how can it be too hot when i turn it on in the morning and it freezes. thats just silly. but thanks anyway.

OK, saying things like "thats just silly" won't get you any help :p

And Heny is right on point, if your HSF is defective, that puppy can go from 0 to 70 almost instantly. HSF exist for a reason, because CPU's run H-O-T. So if the HSF was faulty, it would make sense, and in fact wouldn't be silly at all.

Not sure how long after you turned it on that you ran the test posted, but 28 degrees Celsius is much better.

If the CPU stays at a reasonable level, my next suspect would be your Power Supply may be a bit flaky. When it freezes, do you get a BSOD? Does it beep every time? Does it shutdown, restart, or just freeze and hang there?

sometimes it beeps when i try and click and press buttons. the pc freezes sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt. when it freezes you cannot press anything or do anything but turn it off. last night it froze when i turned it on so i turned it off. i turned it on again and it worked. this is very strange.

cheers everyone for your help. the reason i have not been on for a week is because my pc was in pcworld getting a check up and now everything is fine. thanks again for your help.

bobsalot said:
cheers everyone for your help. the reason i have not been on for a week is because my pc was in pcworld getting a check up and now everything is fine. thanks again for your help.
Did they give you a description of what they did or what was wrong with it?

they said the fan was clogged up with dust and they removed loads of spyware apparently. iv now got an untra sensitive wireless laser mouse. oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

bobsalot said:
they said the fan was clogged up with dust and they removed loads of spyware apparently. iv now got an untra sensitive wireless laser mouse. oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Hence, the CPU was getting too hot. Hmm, sounds like Pros who were offering help in this tread were spot on with thier suggestions. (HSF problem)

Amazing how often that happens.

I really don't think spyware had much to do with it, I'd put more weight behind the HSF being the issue. I also think they blew a lot of smoke up your *** - as a HSF doesn't really get "clogged" up with dust because it's always spinning. Possible, but not very likely unless it was malfunctioning and not spinning at optimal RPM.

They better have replaced it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back